- Experience some of the world’s most spectacular scenery
- View magnificent ancient architecture and artworks
- Stay in a beautiful, small, 12th Century town
- Swim in idyllic Lake Orta, ‘the most romantic of Italy’s lakes’.
Otter Aquatics will be leading a week-long tour to one of northern Italy’s most scenic and history-rich lakes in the late European summer of 2017. Our location will be Lago d’Orta (Lake Orta), a relatively small lake with all the advantages of nearby and better-known lakes, such as Lake Maggiore and Lake Como, but so much prettier and without the crowds.
We will be staying in a very comfortable 200 year old hotel in the lovely 12th Century village of Orta San Giulio, right on the shore of Lake Orta, and we will immerse ourselves, literally and figuratively, in the amazing architectural and artistic history and beauty of the town, the lake and the region.
- We will swim to and around the lovely island of Isola di San Giulio, just 400 metres offshore of Orta San Giulio, with its 15th century Benedictine monastery and with a built history dating back to the 5th Century
- We will also undertake more adventurous cross-lake swims for those interested, including to the village of Pella, one kilometre away on the other side of Lago d’Orta and a swim of about two kilometres in Lake Mergozzo
- We will do day trips to nearby Lago Maggiore and other places of interest.
Check out: www.otteraquatics.com.au/swim-tours for more details. If you are interested, get in touch on 0438 652 696 or email@example.com.